MOE has roots dating back to 1930 and has since developed into one of the country’s leading companies of consulting engineers.
In 1930, civil engineer A.J. Moe was commissioned to plan an extension of the H. C. Ørsted power station. He therefore founded an engineering company, which went on to become Denmark’s leader in power plants.
A power plant expands, spawning a company
In 1994, the two engineering firms A.J. Moe and O.H. Brødsgaard merged to become Moe & Brødsgaard. Expertise within building airports now became part of the common competence profile.
In 1999, the ‘Black Diamond’, the new extension of the Royal Danish Library, was inaugurated and thus began an era for MOE as consultant engineers for a broad spectrum of new, groundbreaking Danish architecture. A development that later also came to include the Blue Planet aquarium and Bjarke Ingels Group projects such as the VM Houses, 8 House, Amager Bakke and AARhus.
From the turn of the millennium, the range of consultancy began to be expanded significantly with many new competencies. This was achieved by a number of acquisitions that also made MOE nationwide.
From company to group
In 2013, Moe and Brødsgaard changed name to MOE. The head office moved the same year to Søborg, to a new and sustainable office building at Buddinge Station.
In December 2019, MOE took a decisive step in its international development by joining one of the very big players in the European market – Artelia Group. Together, Artelia and MOE created a new strong international engineering consultancy firm with 6,000 employees worldwide.